Subject: Re: bug#1908: ange-ftp does not support extended passive mode

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:27:58 +0200

xah lee <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Xah,

> Summary: ange-ftp mode does not support the extended passive mode
> (epsv) mode.

[...]

> However, i need to use it inside emacs to be able to dev on the site.
> i don't see any customizable var about epsv in
> ange-ftp's customize panel.
>
> (yes i know about sftp, ssh... Not a option here. ange-ftp has passive
> mode, but that doesn't work for me in this case)

This is a very old bug report. Nobody has taken the ball; in fact there
is no active maintainer who will work on new ange-ftp features.

Do you still need extended passive mode in ange-ftp? And in case of, how
could we continue? The only idea I have in mind would be a contribution
from you. Nobody else has requested this.

>   Xah

Best regards, Michael.