Subject: 23.0.60; bibtex failed on this bib entry

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:37:55 +0800

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

In BibTeX-mode run C-c C-c on this entry to get the backtrace.

@misc{dingle1976qeh,
  title={{Quantum effects in heterostructure lasers}},
  author={Dingle, R. and Henry, C.H.},
  year={1976},
  month=sep # "~21",
  publisher={Google Patents},
  note={US Patent 3,982,207}
}

The bib entry can also be obtained from the following link
http://scholar.google.com/scholar.bib?hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&output=search&q=info:O42N6xYt09QJ:scholar.google.com/&output=citation&oe=ASCII&oi=citation

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses" 143 210)
  scan-sexps(143 1)
  forward-sexp(1)
  bibtex-parse-field-string()
  bibtex-parse-field-text()
  bibtex-parse-association(bibtex-parse-field-name bibtex-parse-field-text)
  bibtex-parse-field()
  bibtex-valid-entry(t)
  bibtex-end-of-entry()
  bibtex-fill-entry()
  bibtex-format-entry()
  (cond ((bibtex-string= entry-type "preamble") (error "No clean up of @Preamble entries")) ((bibtex-string= entry-type "string") (setq entry-type ...)) (t (bibtex-format-entry)))
  (let ((case-fold-search t) (start ...) (_ ...) (entry-type ...) (key ...)) (cond (... ...) (... ...) (t ...)) (when (or new-key ...) (setq key ...) (if ... ...) (save-excursion ... ... ...)) (unless called-by-reformat (let* ... ... ... ... ...) (if bibtex-clean-entry-hook ...)))
  bibtex-clean-entry(nil)
  call-interactively(bibtex-clean-entry nil nil)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
d:/Applications/emacs/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-12-14 on BREPNB
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENG
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: BibTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> SPC 
<left> <left> SPC C-c C-c q <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-c C-c <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-c C-u 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-c C-e M <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <escape> C-h C-w C-x C-o C-x C-o <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-c C-c 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-w M-w w <lwindow> C-c C-u 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
C-y C-c C-c <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x r e p o r <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Back to top level.
Used for reference key creation if author and editor fields are missing
Mark set