Subject: bug#19062: closed (Re: bug#19062: 25.0.50; `Info-bookmark-jump' changes frames - see FIXME in code)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 15:20:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19062: 25.0.50; `Info-bookmark-jump' changes frames - see FIXME in code

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19062: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19062
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19062: 25.0.50; `Info-bookmark-jump' changes frames - see FIXME in code
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 15:19:49 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think the point of the bug report was probably
> just to point to the FIXME.  Sorry I've forgotten.

No worries, it happens to the best of us.  I think it's enough to track
that FIXME in the code, and someone will hopefully look into it at some
undefined point in the future.  That's generally what happens with
FIXME:s, I guess, until they become an actual issue.

I'm therefore closing this bug report now.  If you encounter any issues
with this functionality, feel free to reopen or open a new bug.  Thanks.

Subject: 25.0.50; `Info-bookmark-jump' changes frames - see FIXME in code
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 07:51:58 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

See the FIXME in the source code.  My setup is too involved to present
here.  Suffice it to say that the `Info-bookark-jump' code messes with
the frame that was selected before popping up the Info frame (for
`Info-find-node').  (I get a separate frame for the Info buffer because
`special-display-regexps' is `("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]")'.)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'