Subject: Re: bug#19060: [FIX INCLUDED] Off-by-one-line scrolling bug in window_scroll_pixel_based

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:18:28 +0100

Il 15/11/2014 15:33, martin rudalics ha scritto:
>  > Apparently, this seem related, in some way, to what I flagged here:
>  >
>  >   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2014-11/msg00621.html
>  >
>  > ..or not?
>
> Maybe.  But I have no idea what your report describes.  IIUC you are
> using `desktop-save' to save the window configuration across sessions
> and when you restart Emacs its frame's height is one line less.  Is that
> correct?  Then please tell us how much the height decreases in pixels

Yes, even if each time not always the same size: sometimes more, 
sometimes less. I have quantified this in about one line (or, if you 
prefer, about the height of the minibuffer). I would say 10-20 pixel.

> (you can use the function `window--dump-frame' for that) and what the
> height stored by `desktop-save' is.  I suppose this is somewhere in a
> cons whose car is something like `height' or `frame-height' or the like.

I am afraid, I wasn't able to use that function.. How to evaluate it? I 
tried a few command but they didn't work.

I have attached a tar-ball with a few examples of desktop file. They 
have been obtained in this way.

First I removed the current desktop and history files. So I started 
Emacs and moved it so that it was centered in the Windows desktop (I 
tried this with the Cygwin build..). Then I closed Emacs and it asked to 
save the desktop. Yes - and this generated the "desktop-00" file. Then I 
restarted Emacs and closed it obtaining the "desktop-01" file. I 
repeated this 2 times obtaining "desktop-03". After repeating this a few 
times I obtained the "desktop" file: now Emacs frame is conspicuously short.

Ciao,
  Angelo.