Subject: bug#19052: 24.4; Undocumented behaviour change of ada-capitalize-word in 24.4

From: Alberto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:58:17 +0000

Open a new ada file "test.adb"
Change the setting ada-case-identifier to ada-capitalize-word
Type a test identifier, e.g. test_bad_capitalisation
The expected (and documented) result is Test_Bad_Capitalisation
The actual result is Test_bad_capitalisation.

Note that ada-loose-case-word works as intended.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2014-10-23 on gedapvl29
Windowing system distributor `Moba/X', version 11.0.11405000
System Description: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix /VEGA/SESOME/common/install/emacs-24.4
 --without-gconf --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-wide-int
 --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ada

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f / t m p / t e s t . a d b <return> n o <return>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <options>
<customize> <customize-option> a d a - i <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
c a <tab> i <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k <return>
h e l l o _ t e s t _ b a d <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> M-x r e p o r t <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
Warning: editing through the link bypasses version control
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib ada-mode vc-git advice help-fns easymenu compile comint
ansi-color ring which-func imenu align find-file time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 105866 7109)
 (symbols 48 20709 0)
 (miscs 40 154 185)
 (strings 32 19036 3966)
 (string-bytes 1 551010)
 (vectors 16 11909)
 (vector-slots 8 410890 5063)
 (floats 8 75 473)
 (intervals 56 262 0)
 (buffers 960 14)
 (heap 1024 11052 633))