Subject: Re: bug#19049: 25.0.50; emacs-repository-get-version doesn't work with git

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:12:02 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> To the wrong branch again.  Please backport this to the emacs-24
> branch.

I would if I knew how.  admin/repo says

----

* Backporting a bug-fix from the trunk to a branch (e.g. "emacs-24").

Indicate in the commit log that there is no need to merge the commit
to the trunk, e.g. start the commit message with "Backport:".  This is
helpful for the person merging the release branch to the trunk.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-05/msg00262.html

* How to merge changes from emacs-24 to trunk

[The section on git merge procedure has not yet been written]

----

neither of which helps, and the Emacs for Git Devs wiki doesn't say how
to cherry-pick stuff, either.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no