Subject: Re: bug#19048: Frame height decreases at Emacs start

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:02:04 +0100

Il 16/11/2014 12:37, martin rudalics ha scritto:
>  >> (you can use the function `window--dump-frame' for that) and what the
>  >> height stored by `desktop-save' is.  I suppose this is somewhere in a
>  >> cons whose car is something like `height' or `frame-height' or the
> like.
>  >
>  > I am afraid, I wasn't able to use that function.. How to evaluate it?
> I tried a few command but they didn't work.
>
> M-: (window--dump-frame)
>

OK. I removed the desktop and history files, than I started Emacs with 
this simple init file:

$ cat init.el
;; Instead to save in ~/.emacs.desktop
(setq desktop-base-file-name "~/.emacs.d/desktop")

;; Save desktop
(desktop-save-mode t)

I did M-: (window--dump-frame), saved the window-frame-dump in 
window-frame-dump-00.txt file. Then I closed Emacs saving the desktop at 
the request.

Restarted Emacs repeating the M-: (window--dump-frame) command and saved 
the window-frame-dump in window-frame-dump-01.txt file.

Repeating the same saving in window-frame-dump-02.txt file. These files 
are in the attached tar-ball.

Ciao,
  Angelo.