Subject: bug#19044: closed (Re: bug#19044: 'guix-register -p' should perform deduplication)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:14:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19044: 'guix-register -p' should perform deduplication

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19044: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19044
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19044: 'guix-register -p' should perform deduplication
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:13:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> When used with -p (as is the case when building a disk/VM image),
> ‘guix-register’ doesn’t do any deduplication in the target store

Fixed in 3697558.

Ludo’.

Subject: 'guix-register -p' should perform deduplication
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:56:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When used with -p (as is the case when building a disk/VM image),
‘guix-register’ doesn’t do any deduplication in the target store, as
noted in the source:

  /* XXX: When PREFIX is non-empty, store->linksDir points to the original
     store's '.links' directory, which means 'optimisePath' would try to link
     to that instead of linking to the target store.  Thus, disable
     deduplication in this case.  */
  if (optimize && prefix.empty ())
    {
      /* Make sure deduplication is enabled.  */
      settings.autoOptimiseStore = true;

      foreach (ValidPathInfos::const_iterator, i, infos)
	store->optimisePath (i->path);
    }

This should be fixed, but may need to diverge slightly from upstream
libstore.

Ludo’.