Subject: 24.4; find-file in icomplete-mode shows completions with no input

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:25:37 +0100

Run emacs -Q, evaluate

  (icomplete-mode 1)

then press C-x C-f and wait a second. There's now completions in the
minibuffer despite icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input being nil. Perhaps
icomplete is confused by the current working dir being present in C-x
C-f.

Ole

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.4)
 of 2014-10-26 on x86-csail-01, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601901
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: da_DK.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . e m <tab> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-s C-g C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-e C-x C-e C-x C-f C-g M-x r e p o 
r t C-j

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
t
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util icomplete misearch
multi-isearch time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 73285 5828)
 (symbols 24 17705 0)
 (miscs 20 46 199)
 (strings 16 9368 4492)
 (string-bytes 1 256631)
 (vectors 8 9681)
 (vector-slots 4 394761 6372)
 (floats 8 67 147)
 (intervals 28 317 14)
 (buffers 512 12)
 (heap 1024 14530 751))