Subject: bug#19015: closed (Fixed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 09:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19015: SDL_mixer not linked against libmikmod

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19015: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19015
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fixed
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:02:24 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in commit 2cb4ca6 by remove asla-lib from inputs.

SDL_mixer do a testing for libmikmod using libmikmod-config.
libmikmod-config.in has:
  --libs)
    echo -L@libdir@ -lmikmod @LIBRARY_LIB@

When built with alsa driver support, @LIBRARY_LIB@ become "-lm -lasound",
require alsa-lib presented to get the test success.  But in fact the
use of libmikmod
library don't depends on the drivers (alsa),  and the libmikmod.pc
file doesn't have them
in Libs (and Libs.private). So I think it's a bug where @LIBRARY_LIB@
contains '-lasound'.

Instead of  dropping @LIBRARY_LIB@ from libmikmod-config.in, I notice
that the only user
of libmikmod is sdl-mixer, which use it's own audio output drivers.
So I'm temped to remove
alsa-lib from libmikmod (the libx11 is unused IIRC).

Subject: SDL_mixer not linked against libmikmod
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 23:16:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Contrary to what’s intended, SDL_mixer ends up not linking against
libmikmod.  Its ./configure run goes like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
checking for fork... yes
checking for vfork... yes
checking for libmikmod-config... /gnu/store/32mqj92g8bmq8bmr84sw2gckifld0ga0-libmikmod-3.3.3/bin/libmikmod-config
checking for libmikmod - version >= 3.1.10... configure: WARNING: *** Unable to find MikMod library (http://mikmod.raphnet.net/)
configure: WARNING: MOD support disabled
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So it’s failing somewhere after the AC_PATH_PROG for libmikmod-config.

Ludo’.