Subject: bug#19009: Buffer tabs in tabbar mode almost hidden in current trunk (OSX)

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:08:15 +0100

It seems that this issue is OSX related because I have tried with 
current "master" [*], commit:

   Paul Eggert 2014-11-13 06:34:52 (GMT)

on Cygwin and buffer tabs are always visible. Instead, on OSX 10.10, the 
issue is still there..

Anyway, here there are some more informations.

I have the desktop save mode enabled so that I start Emacs with the 
buffers of last session. If I short-circuit the desktop file,

   mv desktop desktop-save

and then restore all the buffers (C-x C=f ...), the buffer tabs are all 
visible correctly. After exiting from Emacs and saving the desktop, 
restarting Emacs shows the issue again.

BUT, if I increase the frame height, say of one line, and decrease the 
height still one line (dragging the frame bottom with the mouse), the 
buffer tabs are visible! I have to repeat this each time I start Emacs...

This occurs with recent masters, say after Nov. 10.

Ciao,
  Angelo.

---
[*] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-master.tar.gz

Il 10/11/2014 15:14, Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
> It is a long time I had installed the tabbar package from ELPA/MELPA.
> The tabs haven't a fine look but work quit well..
>
> ..only.. that today, with current trunk (commit: Glenn Morris 2014-11-10
> 07:39:35 (GMT)), they are almost completely overlapped from Emacs tool
> bar icons, at least on OSX 10.10, and tabbar mode is unusable...
>
>
> Ciao,
> Angelo.