Subject: 24.4; Package 'debbugs' on elpa ships with .texi but no .info file

From: Alain Kalker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 23:54:16 +0100

`M-x list-packages <RET>`
Install package debbugs from elpa.
`C-h i`
Notice that Info manual for debbugs is not available.
In the directory "~/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.6/" there is a file
"debbugs.texi" but no file "debbugs.info".

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.3)
 of 2014-10-21 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: IELM

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <next> <next> q M-x l i s t - p a c k a g e 
s <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> 
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> 
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> M-x i e l m <return> ( e q 
u <backspace> l <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x o q M-x d e b b u g s - 
g n <tab> <return> C-g M-x e m <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

End of buffer [6 times]
cua-scroll-down: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Contacting host: marmalade-repo.org:80
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/SuperCollider/tree-widget hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/tree-widget

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tabify ielm pp tramp-sh
cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc cider-interaction apropos arc-mode
archive-mode cider-doc org-table org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cider-test cider-stacktrace
cider-client nrepl-client derived tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete queue cider-util clojure-mode inf-lisp ewoc
etags thingatpt easy-mmode vc-git autoload tar-mode mule-util gnutls
url-handlers epg lisp-mnt finder-inf jka-compr misearch multi-isearch
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mm-archive message idna
cl-macs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-utils network-stream starttls url-cache crm debbugs-gnu wid-edit
debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap warnings xml advice eldoc help-fns imenu .emacs tsdh-dark-theme
delsel yasnippet cl gv paren flycheck find-func help-mode rx pcase
subr-x dash cua-base cus-start cus-load ix grapnel flymake compile
comint ansi-color ring auto-complete-clang-async auto-complete-config
auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib ac-cider-autoloads
info easymenu pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads queue-autoloads
sly-autoloads popup-autoloads package epg-config time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 909034 141016)
 (symbols 48 39996 0)
 (miscs 40 212 334)
 (strings 32 118730 43369)
 (string-bytes 1 3156336)
 (vectors 16 43072)
 (vector-slots 8 1482007 110667)
 (floats 8 657 831)
 (intervals 56 93515 2904)
 (buffers 960 25)
 (heap 1024 76718 3631))