Subject: bug#19006: closed (Re: bug#19006: 24.4; Package 'debbugs' on elpa ships with .texi but no .info file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19006: 24.4; Package 'debbugs' on elpa ships with .texi but no .info file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19006: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19006
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19006: 24.4; Package 'debbugs' on elpa ships with .texi but no .info file
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Alain Kalker <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:25:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Alain Kalker <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Alain,

>> Indeed, I will add debbugs.info and dir to the next release of debbugs
>> (0.7). However, I fear that this is not what you are looking
>> for. debbugs.texi is the programmer's manual of the package. What you
>> are looking for, likely, is a user manual. This is on my todo list
>> (somewhere deep in the bottom); maybe I shall find the energy and start
>> writing it.
>
> I understand, thanks for the explanation.

Finally, debbugs 0.7 has been released on GNU ELPA. It contains both
debbugs.info and debbugs-ug.info. The latter one is what you're missing.

Closing the bug.

> Kind regards, Alain

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 24.4; Package 'debbugs' on elpa ships with .texi but no .info file
From: Alain Kalker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 23:54:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`M-x list-packages <RET>`
Install package debbugs from elpa.
`C-h i`
Notice that Info manual for debbugs is not available.
In the directory "~/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.6/" there is a file
"debbugs.texi" but no file "debbugs.info".

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.3)
 of 2014-10-21 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: IELM

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <next> <next> q M-x l i s t - p a c k a g e 
s <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> 
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> 
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> M-x i e l m <return> ( e q 
u <backspace> l <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x o q M-x d e b b u g s - 
g n <tab> <return> C-g M-x e m <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

End of buffer [6 times]
cua-scroll-down: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Contacting host: marmalade-repo.org:80
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/SuperCollider/tree-widget hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/tree-widget

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tabify ielm pp tramp-sh
cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc cider-interaction apropos arc-mode
archive-mode cider-doc org-table org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cider-test cider-stacktrace
cider-client nrepl-client derived tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete queue cider-util clojure-mode inf-lisp ewoc
etags thingatpt easy-mmode vc-git autoload tar-mode mule-util gnutls
url-handlers epg lisp-mnt finder-inf jka-compr misearch multi-isearch
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mm-archive message idna
cl-macs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-utils network-stream starttls url-cache crm debbugs-gnu wid-edit
debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap warnings xml advice eldoc help-fns imenu .emacs tsdh-dark-theme
delsel yasnippet cl gv paren flycheck find-func help-mode rx pcase
subr-x dash cua-base cus-start cus-load ix grapnel flymake compile
comint ansi-color ring auto-complete-clang-async auto-complete-config
auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib ac-cider-autoloads
info easymenu pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads queue-autoloads
sly-autoloads popup-autoloads package epg-config time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 909034 141016)
 (symbols 48 39996 0)
 (miscs 40 212 334)
 (strings 32 118730 43369)
 (string-bytes 1 3156336)
 (vectors 16 43072)
 (vector-slots 8 1482007 110667)
 (floats 8 657 831)
 (intervals 56 93515 2904)
 (buffers 960 25)
 (heap 1024 76718 3631))