Subject: bug#19001: 24.4; Flyspell mode introduces strange behavior of keyboard macro

From: "Mark K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 16:46:26 +0700

When flyspell-mode is active, first defined keyboard macro repeats
infinitely when invoked (for example with <F4>). All consequent
definitions work OK. See 'recent messages' section of this report for
specific causes of this behavior.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.3)
 of 2014-10-21 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  fci-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent input:
<f3> b o o <f4> <f4> <return> <f3> b o o <f4> <f4>
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/mark/quicklisp/slime-helper.elc...done
Starting new Ispell process /usr/bin/aspell with default dictionary...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
Error in post-command-hook (flyspell-post-command-hook): (error "Variable
binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size")
After 0 kbd macro iterations: self-insert-command: Variable binding depth
exceeds max-specpdl-size
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils disp-table fill-column-indicator flyspell ispell
solarized-dark-theme solarized dash paren minibuf-eldef time delsel
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
advice eldoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv derived help-fns gud compile apropos etags arc-mode
archive-mode noutline outline easy-mmode pp comint ansi-color ring
hyperspec cl-macs thingatpt browse-url cl gv slime-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters scheme smooth-scroll server edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib info easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 267763 17339)
 (symbols 48 30193 0)
 (miscs 40 353 815)
 (strings 32 46317 13389)
 (string-bytes 1 1246617)
 (vectors 16 18867)
 (vector-slots 8 501402 6199)
 (floats 8 154 326)
 (intervals 56 280 8)
 (buffers 960 11)
 (heap 1024 46685 2812))