Subject: bug#18997: 24.4; IDLWAVE: Emacs crashes when trying to change the window while in the IDL shell

From: Gordon Farquharson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 13:41:27 -0800

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I built emacs from the git repository
> > (1e363a8ea5ac09455f3a44fbb646b5af32bca51c). WIth IDLWAVE upsteam, and the
> > changes to the idlw-toolbar.el file to make the icons 24 x 24 pixels and
> the
> > colors 8 bit triplets (#000000), emacs doesn't abort, but the icons are
> just A
> > (as reported by Glenn). The bit_per_sample assertion in
> > gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data still fails.
>
> So what in those icons cause the problem?
>

I was wondering the same thing.

If you entirely replace those images with contents of files in
> etc/images/, does the problem still persist?  If so, does it mean we
> have problems with the GTK toolbar in other modes, like Gnus and GUD?
>

Replacing the XPM code in idlw-toolbar.el with the code from
etc/images/paste.xpm doesn't make a difference (icons are still As). GUD
icons display correctly. Maybe the problem is with the lisp code that
creates the images in idlw-toolbar? Could you point me to the lisp code in
GUD that creates its icons?

Gordon

-- 
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676