Subject: Re: bug#18997: 24.4; IDLWAVE: Emacs crashes when trying to change the window while in the IDL shell

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 20:16:44 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Gordon Farquharson <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 12:55:03 -0500
> 
> Current master does not crash for me with gtk2 or gtk3 on RHEL 7.1.
> 24.5 does. master does have many "GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL"
> "GLib-GObject-CRITICAL" complaints though.

Do those complaints include the one that says this:

  gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data: assertion `bits_per_sample == 8' failed

> Also, the toolbar looks messed up in IDL mode.
> It has a bunch of "A A A A ..." in it, which run "Save and Compile this
> file" etc.

What's so special about IDL mode that it causes this?  Ah, I see: it
comes with its own XPM images for the toolbar (in idlw-toolbar.el),
right?  If that's the reason, can we somehow modify those XPM icons to
use only 8 bits per sample?

Thanks.