Subject: bug#18997: 24.4; IDLWAVE: Emacs crashes when trying to change the window while in the IDL shell

From: Gordon Farquharson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:48:14 -0800

The following patch applied to 24.4 prevents emacs from crashing, but
results in the icons not being displayed correctly. However, messed up
icons is a far better result than a crash.

--- a/src/gtkutil.c
+++ b/src/gtkutil.c
@@ -302,7 +302,7 @@ xg_get_pixbuf_from_pixmap (struct frame
   tmp_buf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data ((guchar *) xim->data,
                                       GDK_COLORSPACE_RGB,
                                       FALSE,
-                                      xim->bitmap_unit,
+                                      8,
                                       width,
                                       height,
                                       xim->bytes_per_line,

It appears that one is only allowed to pass a value of 8 for
bits_per_sample to gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data. Therefore, it seems that the
long term solution is to convert the image in  xim->data to an 8 bits per
sample image. I'm not really sure I understand what an 8 bits per sample
image is. Does that mean 8 bits per pixel?

Gordon

-- 
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676