Subject: Re: bug#18990: 25.0.50; Scroll bar display problems

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 13:07:28 +0100

martin rudalics skrev den 2014-11-09 12:56:

> IIRC GTK uses the term "slider" for "thumb".
>
>  > (According to Wikipedia, a slider is a different kind of widget from a
>  > scroll bar, but I didn't try checking other sources.)  If so, are you
>  > saying that Gtk only controls the width (or height) of the slider
>  > (thumb), while Emacs controls the size of its container, which I guess
>  > is the scroll bar taken as a whole?
>
> I think so.  Depending on the toolkit Emacs can control size, background
> and borders of the container.  The GTK slider is controlled by the theme
> though.  Jan will correct me.
>

We also control the size of the thumb/slider.
Some Gtk+ themes have a minimum size for the thumb though (bitmap).
The width of the slider is beyond Emacs control.

	Jan D.