Subject: bug#1899 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: url-cookie-retrieve is not prepared for missing localpart)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:55:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1899: url-cookie-retrieve is not prepared for missing localpart

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1899: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1899
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: url-cookie-retrieve is not prepared for missing localpart
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Klaus Straubinger <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:48:04 -0500

> the function url-cookie-retrieve (defined in lisp/url/url-cookie.el)
> is not prepared for the case that the parameter localpart could be
> nil: (regexp-quote nil) is an error. This is especially problematic
> since the corresponding function for setting cookies,
> url-cookie-store, defines the parameter localpart as optional.

I've checked in a fix.  Thanks.

Subject: url-cookie-retrieve is not prepared for missing localpart
From: Klaus Straubinger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:43:27 +0100 ()

In GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

the function url-cookie-retrieve (defined in lisp/url/url-cookie.el) is
not prepared for the case that the parameter localpart could be nil:
(regexp-quote nil) is an error. This is especially problematic since
the corresponding function for setting cookies, url-cookie-store,
defines the parameter localpart as optional.

Test example:
(require 'url-cookie)
(url-cookie-store "test" "42" nil "www.gnu.org")
followed by
(url-cookie-retrieve "www.gnu.org" nil)

-- 
Klaus Straubinger