Subject: bug#18977: 25.0.50; Enhance (fix) incremental `indent-rigidly'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 03:11:07 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. Please consider adding this binding, so you can simply do `C-x TAB
> TAB...': (define-key indent-rigidly-map "\t" 'indent-rigidly-right).
> And update the doc string and prompt, of course.

Makes sense; I've now added this to Emacs 29.  (But not changed the
prompt.)

> 2. You cannot currently provide a numeric prefix arg to `indent-rigidly'
> for incremental use.  The incremental indentation you get is either 1 
> column (for <right>) or to the next tab stop (for <S-right>).
>
> It would be good to be able to use a numeric prefix arg interactively to
> indent not only once, but each time you hit <right>.

I don't think that makes much sense -- if you've decided to indent X
columns (by using the prefix), then you don't want to enter the
transient map thing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no