Subject: bug#18974: closed (Re: grep-2.20 test-mbrtowc3.sh fails on Solaris without European localization)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 07:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#18974: grep-2.20 test-mbrtowc3.sh fails on Solaris without European localization

which was filed against the grep package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18974: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18974
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: grep-2.20 test-mbrtowc3.sh fails on Solaris without European localization
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Kiyoshi KANAZAWA <[email-masked]>
Cc: Norihiro Tanaka <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 00:18:29 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for this (old) bug report <http://bugs.gnu.org/18974>.

I cannot reproduce the problem with grep 2.25 on Solaris 10 sparc with cc from 
Studio 12.5. Perhaps the mbrtowc bug has been fixed. Or perhaps I have not 
reproduced the scenario (looking at the test, it seems that it depends on a 
Japanese locale, not a European one). Or perhaps the bug is x86-64 specific. In 
any event, since grep itself does not depend on the mbrtowc functionality in 
question, this is not a bug in grep, so I'm closing the grep bug. If someone 
wants to fix it I suppose they can debug the issue and send a patch to 
bug-gnulib, but this is low priority.

Subject: grep-2.20 test-mbrtowc3.sh fails on Solaris without European localization
From: Kiyoshi KANAZAWA <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 19:15:18 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On Solaris 10 x86/x64,
"test-mbrtowc3.sh" fails if European localization is not installed.
It passes with European localization.

This is the common test-suite bug in
diffutils-3.3, grep-2.20, libunistring-0.9.4 and m4-1.4.17.

--- Kiyoshi <[email-masked]>