Subject: bug#18972: 24.4.51; [NS] Crash in ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar

From: Ivan Andrus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:13:27 -0700

On Nov 7, 2014, at 8:15 AM, Jan D. <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi.

6 nov 2014 kl. 21:15 skrev Ivan Andrus <[email-masked]>:

On Nov 6, 2014, at 12:57 AM, Jan D. <[email-masked]> wrote:

Ivan Andrus skrev den 2014-11-06 07:01:

After running for perhaps a day or two, emacs crashed in
ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar.  I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but I
still have the lldb session open so I can get more info if desired.
Unfortunately, I don't have gdb installed so I can't use xbactrace, but
it doesn't look like that would be very useful anyway.

OS X 10.9.5 in case it matters.

-Ivan

(lldb) bt all
* thread #1: tid = 0x27f4b5, 0x00007fff8f510097
libobjc.A.dylib`objc_msgSend + 23, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop
reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=EXC_I386_GPFLT)
    frame #0: 0x00007fff8f510097 libobjc.A.dylib`objc_msgSend + 23
  * frame #1:
0x00000001001bdb6f Emacs`ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar(window=0x00000001250bd0d0,
portion=2708, whole=56199, position=0) + 95 at nsterm.m:3767

ns_set_vertical_scroll_bar is not at nsterm.m:3767.  When did you check out
your sources?

Jan D.

Right before I built, so on 2014-11-05.  I’m not sure the exact commit I
checked out, but it would have been one of the commits below (almost
certainly the last).  I’m using the git mirror, so I don’t know the bzr ids.

Author: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: November 5, 2014 at 9:06:40 AM MST
url-http.el: introduce url-user-agent

Author: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: November 4, 2014 at 10:46:49 AM MST
Spelling fixes; tweak explanation of commit messages.

Date: November 3, 2014 at 6:22:43 AM MST
Committer: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
* net/eww.el (eww-list-bookmarks): Autoload.

Those are messages from the trunk, but your subject says 24.4.51.  Are you
sure you know what version you use and/or build?

Jan D.

A fair question.  :)  After it crashed I started using the emacs-24 branch
again.  I should have cut out all that junk from the bug email, I’m very
sorry.  I probably wasted a bunch of your time.

-Ivan