Subject: 25.0.50; vc-dir doesn't ignore "ignored" files

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:01:15 -0700

I did vc-dir on a project that has "*.elc" it its .gitignore.
These files are all mentioned in the vc-dir buffer as "ignored".

I think these files should be invisible by default.
I've already asked to ignore them, and having them in the buffer makes
it harder to see what I'm really interested in.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-11-02 on bapiya
Repository revision: 118270 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-parent-buffer: *vc-dir*<el-compilador>
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-s C-l M-b _ C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-l C-s C-s 
C-v C-l C-x s y C-c b C-c C-g C-c c M-p <return> C-c 
c M-p <return> C-v C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-c C-c C-x 1 C-e M-b M-b M-b M-b _ C-x C-s C-c b C-u 
C-n C-n C-c C-c C-x 1 C-l C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-a C-s 
m a p C-e M-b _ C-l C-s C-s C-s M-b _ C-x C-s C-x ` 
C-x ` C-e M-b _ C-x ` C-e M-b M-b _ C-s C-w C-w C-a 
C-x ` C-e M-b M-b M-b _ M-b _ C-x C-s C-x o C-c c M-p 
<return> C-c c M-p <return> C-x 1 C-v C-u C-u C-n C-u 
C-n C-u C-n C-n C-c C-c C-e M-b M-b _ C-x C-s C-x o 
C-c c M-p <return> C-c c M-p <return> C-x 1 M-> M-v 
M-v C-l C-v C-l C-z n C-x v d <return> x = C-x 1 C-z 
n C-h i d m e m a c s <tab> <return> C-s v c - d i 
r C-s C-a C-s i g n o r e C-s d C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-z n q C-h m C-x o C-x 1 C-s i g n o r e C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a C-e C-u C-b <return> C-c 
b C-h v v c - d i r - * g i r <tab> <M-backspace> i 
g n o <tab> <tab> C-g C-h v v c * i g n o r e <tab> 
<tab> <return> C-x 1 C-z n C-v C-v C-z l M-< C-z n 
C-z n q C-z n M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
Hiding items in state "up-to-date"
Finding changes in /home/tromey/Emacs/el-compilador/...done
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started

Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
C-z l is undefined

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(mailalias view xterm shadow emacsbug python json elcomp mail-hist
find-dired pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu shell make-mode flow-fill mule-util
bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks sort gnus-cite smiley shr-color color shr browse-url
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com
warnings cl gnutls network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry
registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader idutils
derived log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe dabbrev help-mode debug copyright misearch multi-isearch
edebug texinfo sh-script smie executable sgml-mode org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode bug-reference goto-addr
add-log vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg jka-compr dired vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-bzr cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-git flyspell
ispell diminish projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt
epl grep compile dash s appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs which-func imenu minimap autorevert filenotify desktop
frameset cus-start cus-load status erc-services erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-macs
gv eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core
cl-loaddefs cl-lib gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt
pp advice help-fns vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring
server savehist dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads
jabber-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info
easymenu weblogger-autoloads package epg-config bbdb-autoloads time-date
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1058777 143431)
 (symbols 48 101412 22)
 (miscs 40 41745 5437)
 (strings 32 315247 72036)
 (string-bytes 1 7439686)
 (vectors 16 97986)
 (vector-slots 8 2103184 83288)
 (floats 8 579 996)
 (intervals 56 60750 7848)
 (buffers 976 225)
 (heap 1024 259977 33480))

Tom