Subject: bug#18964: 25.0.50; vc-dir doesn't ignore "ignored" files

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 08:32:24 -0700

>>>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

Dmitry> Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I did vc-dir on a project that has "*.elc" it its .gitignore.
>> These files are all mentioned in the vc-dir buffer as "ignored".
>> 
>> I think these files should be invisible by default.
>> I've already asked to ignore them, and having them in the buffer makes
>> it harder to see what I'm really interested in.

Dmitry> This should only happen if these files were listed as "unregistered"
Dmitry> during the current session. Which is behavior similar to what happens
Dmitry> with the up-to-date status.

Yeah ... I was going to post a little update this morning, because I
somehow managed to make those files disappear from the vc-dir buffer.
I just didn't know how I managed to do it.

And now I don't even know how to reproduce the bug.

For me the ideal way for it to have worked would have been if editing
.gitignore and then typing "g" in vc-dir made the files disappear.
If showing them in "ignored" state is somehow necessary, then have "x"
also make them disappear.

If this were how it worked then I would be sure I could get the effect I
wanted next time around :)

Tom