Subject: bug#18958: 25.0.50; auto-revert-mode reacts slowly even if using an event-driven backend

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 01:59:04 -0800

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've applied your patch to the master branch (including Stefan's
> recommendation to use defvar-local). Could you, please, recheck that
> everything works as expected, also wrt the other two bugs you've mentioned?

Hi. Thanks for applying the patch. The basic inotify stuff appears to
work now with multiple files, which is great. I haven't tested gfile
yet.

The notification throttling seems to have a problem. Recipe:

1. rm /tmp/tst; touch /tmp/tst
2. emacs -Q -nw /tmp/tst
3. M-x auto-revert-mode
4. In a separate shell: date >> /tmp/tst

Most of the time I don't see the buffer update, not even after waiting a
bit. After a manual revert, auto-revert-mode does do what it's supposed
to. I haven't debugged this yet. Will do this tomorrow if you don't beat
me to it.

Thanks again
dima