Subject: bug#18955: Makefile:382: recipe for target 'src' failed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 21:21:53 +0200

> Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 19:48:32 +0100
> From: Alexander Shukaev <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> But I can't build Emacs 24 with the first Make run (only by manually deleting
> the header and rerunning Make) as I do with Emacs 25 from trunk. Is it fine by
> you?

Sorry, I'm confused now: didn't you say that once the (empty) file was
deleted, the problem disappeared and the build succeeded?  I thought
that the problem disappeared for good.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

What do you mean by "the first Make run"?  Bootstrapping a newly
checked-out tree?  That works for me, I just tried with the latest
emacs-24 branch.  If it doesn't work for you, then please do send the
log of the entire configure and build process (as a compressed
attachment) starting from a clean checkout of the emacs-24 branch.

Also, are you saying that src/macuvs.h, which is a versioned file, is
somehow emptied by the build process, even though when you check it
out, it is not empty?