Subject: 24.4; vc-log Summary: header is included in log message with svn

From: Ed Avis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:45:54 +0000

I use vc-mode to edit and commit files in an svn repository.
On running vc-next-action on a modified file, a log message buffer appears containing the
text Summary: and a blank line.  Typing in this buffer adds more text
after Summary:.  On committing with C-c C-c, the literal text Summary:
is included as part of the svn log message, as you can see afterwards
by running 'svn log'.

Please see <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2717/>
where forum user Stefan indicated that this was a bug (presumably,
the Summary: header should be stripped out when sending the text
to svn) and asked to report it.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-11-03 on wcl-linux04.wcl.local
Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
b RET C-y RET RET RET g o RET C-x b C-g C-x 2 C-x o 
C-x b RET ESC < ESC d c r e a t e C-a C-x C-s C-x v 
= C-x v v A d d e d SPC c o l u m n SPC w e i g h t 
SPC ( e v e n t u a l y l DEL DEL l y SPC t o SPC r 
e p l a c e SPC DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
s u m s SPC t o SPC 1 , SPC w h i l e SPC i n s t r 
u m e n t w e i g h t SPC s u m s SPC t o SPC c o u 
n t SPC o f SPC m a r k e t s ) . C-x C-f / v a r TAB 
w TAB c g TAB p o s TAB RET C-x v = q C-x v = C-x v 
v A d d e DEL DEL DEL DEL C-c C-c C-x b p o s TAB TAB 
t r TAB RET C-x 1 ESC x s h e l l RET ESC > s v n SPC 
l o g SPC > l o g RET C-x C-f l o g RET C-s A DEL S 
u m m a r y : C-a C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-s C-s 
C-a ESC x r e p o r t SPC e m a c s SPC b u g RET

Recent messages:
Finding changes in /home/eda/svn_working/repos/sql/WCL-SQL-LIVE/tradingsystemsprod/vwTradingSystemsRunRiskCapitalByFund.sql...done
Mark set
Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
Enter a change comment.  Type C-c C-c when done
Checking in /home/eda/svn_working/repos/sql/WCL-SQL-LIVE/tradingsystemsprod/vwTradingSystemsRunRiskCapitalByFund.sql...done
Making completion list...
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Beginning of buffer [8 times]
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(log-view vc-cvs vc-rcs python json etags tabify imenu man smerge-mode
mule-util pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail sql view ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util
password-cache url-vars nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok misearch multi-isearch help-mode dabbrev diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher vc-svn cus-edit wid-edit cus-start cus-load perl-mode
pcmpl-unix dired xterm time-date log-edit easy-mmode message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log server csharp-mode advice
help-fns byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs zoom-frm frame-cmds frame-fns cl-macs avoid cl gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib compile shell pcomplete comint ring ansi-color tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1436940 117800)
 (symbols 48 29085 0)
 (miscs 40 379 3377)
 (strings 32 52900 10929)
 (string-bytes 1 24396650)
 (vectors 16 28479)
 (vector-slots 8 1314519 219462)
 (floats 8 266 834)
 (intervals 56 119875 1515)
 (buffers 960 79)
 (heap 1024 80654 14523))

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________