Subject: bug#18954: closed (Re: bug#18954: 24.4; vc-log Summary: header is included in log message with svn)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 02:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18954: 24.4; vc-log Summary: header is included in log message with svn

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18954: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18954
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18954: 24.4; vc-log Summary: header is included in log message with svn
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Ed Avis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 04:15:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ed Avis <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please see <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2717/>
> where forum user Stefan indicated that this was a bug (presumably,
> the Summary: header should be stripped out when sending the text
> to svn) and asked to report it.

Sorry for taking so long, but this bug should be fixed now, in the
branch emacs-25.

Please test at your earliest convenience.

Subject: 24.4; vc-log Summary: header is included in log message with svn
From: Ed Avis <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:45:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use vc-mode to edit and commit files in an svn repository.
On running vc-next-action on a modified file, a log message buffer appears containing the
text Summary: and a blank line.  Typing in this buffer adds more text
after Summary:.  On committing with C-c C-c, the literal text Summary:
is included as part of the svn log message, as you can see afterwards
by running 'svn log'.

Please see <http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2717/>
where forum user Stefan indicated that this was a bug (presumably,
the Summary: header should be stripped out when sending the text
to svn) and asked to report it.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-11-03 on wcl-linux04.wcl.local
Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
b RET C-y RET RET RET g o RET C-x b C-g C-x 2 C-x o 
C-x b RET ESC < ESC d c r e a t e C-a C-x C-s C-x v 
= C-x v v A d d e d SPC c o l u m n SPC w e i g h t 
SPC ( e v e n t u a l y l DEL DEL l y SPC t o SPC r 
e p l a c e SPC DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
s u m s SPC t o SPC 1 , SPC w h i l e SPC i n s t r 
u m e n t w e i g h t SPC s u m s SPC t o SPC c o u 
n t SPC o f SPC m a r k e t s ) . C-x C-f / v a r TAB 
w TAB c g TAB p o s TAB RET C-x v = q C-x v = C-x v 
v A d d e DEL DEL DEL DEL C-c C-c C-x b p o s TAB TAB 
t r TAB RET C-x 1 ESC x s h e l l RET ESC > s v n SPC 
l o g SPC > l o g RET C-x C-f l o g RET C-s A DEL S 
u m m a r y : C-a C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-s C-s 
C-a ESC x r e p o r t SPC e m a c s SPC b u g RET

Recent messages:
Finding changes in /home/eda/svn_working/repos/sql/WCL-SQL-LIVE/tradingsystemsprod/vwTradingSystemsRunRiskCapitalByFund.sql...done
Mark set
Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
Enter a change comment.  Type C-c C-c when done
Checking in /home/eda/svn_working/repos/sql/WCL-SQL-LIVE/tradingsystemsprod/vwTradingSystemsRunRiskCapitalByFund.sql...done
Making completion list...
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Beginning of buffer [8 times]
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(log-view vc-cvs vc-rcs python json etags tabify imenu man smerge-mode
mule-util pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail sql view ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util
password-cache url-vars nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok misearch multi-isearch help-mode dabbrev diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher vc-svn cus-edit wid-edit cus-start cus-load perl-mode
pcmpl-unix dired xterm time-date log-edit easy-mmode message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log server csharp-mode advice
help-fns byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs zoom-frm frame-cmds frame-fns cl-macs avoid cl gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib compile shell pcomplete comint ring ansi-color tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1436940 117800)
 (symbols 48 29085 0)
 (miscs 40 379 3377)
 (strings 32 52900 10929)
 (string-bytes 1 24396650)
 (vectors 16 28479)
 (vector-slots 8 1314519 219462)
 (floats 8 266 834)
 (intervals 56 119875 1515)
 (buffers 960 79)
 (heap 1024 80654 14523))

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________