Subject: bug#18947: unexpected EOF while looking for matching + patch

From: Josef Reidinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:09:13 +0100

Hi libtool developers,
we also face this issue in opensuse with new version of libtool (2.4.3).

I debug a problem and it appear that problem is that we have in
automake.am
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I . -I `if test -d ./build-tools; then
echo ./build-tools; else pkg-config --print-errors --variable=datadir
yast2-devtools; fi`/aclocal

This cause double backticks in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/tree/libtoolize.in#n1400

To fix it, I verify that it helps to replace
*,-I*) '$r'=`expr x$_G_arg : '\''x-I\(.*\)$'\''`; break ;;
with
*,-I*) '$r'=$(expr x$_G_arg : '\''x-I\(.*\)$'\''); break ;;

as ```` is problem, but $($()) is not problem or $(``) which is result
if we do not modify Makefile.am.

I hope it helps. If you have any question please keep me in CC as I am
not subscribed.
Thanks

Josef