Subject: bug#18940: Enabling hg extensions

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:24:21 -0500

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
> Daniel Pittman <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 3. --color never
> >
> > ...because if you have a tty, and less/hg think it is an interactive
> > enough call to invoke the pager and complain to a human, you might
> > well get color displayed as well.
> >
> > 4. --pager never
> >
> > ...because you just don't want to page the output for
> > non-interactive use.

> It looks, like you need to enable the respective extensions in your .hgrc.
> Therefore, they cannot be added in vg-hg.el by default, I fear.

You can pass `--config extensions.color=` and `--config
extenions.pager=` as extra arguments to hg in order to enable these
particular extensions for a single invocation... but enabling them
just to disable their effects again seems rather silly. At any rate,
HGPLAIN=1 takes care of disabling both of these, unless I'm much
mistaken.

Still, I think it's important to spread the knowledge that hg
extensions can be temporarily enabled from the command-line. I feel
like Mercurial is much misunderstood.