Subject: bug#18940: 24.4; vc-hg does not disable pager, leading to hangs (at least with tramp)

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:37:35 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think "the right way" is for Tramp to propagate some env-vars in its
> implementation of process-file (and start-file-process).  Of course,
> it's not completely clear which envvars to propagate, but maybe we could
> simply compare the current process-environment from
> "global/initial" (either using default-toplevel-value or stashing the
> initial value somewhere).

There is a proposal in the TODO list (see tramp.el):

;; * Implement a general server-local-variable mechanism, as there are
;;   probably other variables that need different values for different
;;   servers too.  The user could then configure a variable (such as
;;   tramp-server-local-variable-alist) to define any such variables
;;   that they need to, which would then be let bound as appropriate
;;   in tramp functions.  (Jason Rumney)

process-environment would be one of the candidates.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.