Subject: bug#1894: 23.0.60; list-faces-display does not respect special-display-regexps

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:41:09 -0800

emacs -Q
M-x set-variable special-display-regexps ("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]")
 
Customize `special-display-frame-alist' to, say, have
`background-color' "LightBlue". M-x list-faces-display.
 
The frame displaying buffer *Faces* does not show a LightBlue
background. However, the `frame-parameters' for that frame do include
(background-color . "LightBlue").
 
And the right part of the minibuffer shows a LightBlue background. And
if you scroll down past the end of the buffer, a LightBlue background
appears.  And while you resize the frame the whole frame
intermittently shows a LightBlue background, but as soon as you are
finished resizing it the background goes back to being the default
(White).
 
This is ugly and uncalled for. Display of the frame should respect the
frame parameters that are defined for it. The faces themselves are
shown in their own colors; that is sufficient. There is no need to
also alter the background shown for all of the buffer text, overriding
the frame parameters.
 
This bug exists also for Emacs 22.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-01-04 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'