Subject: Re: bug#18935: gexp->derivation test failure

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 21:03:41 +0100

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> The same failure happened to me in two consecutive build attempts:
>>> once when running "guix system build", and then again when running
>>> "guix build -K guix" so that I could get the failed test logs.
>>
>> Oh, that’s surprising.  I’ve not stumbled upon it in my working tree,
>> and it has not failed on Hydra:
>
> Update: the same failure has happened to me in *five* consecutive build
> attempts.

Then either I was mistaken and there’s another bug hiding, or scheduling
and I/O are very much deterministic.

You’re not using --cache-failures, are you?

> I guess I'll have to add another local patch (to update guix in guix)
> to get my system updated.

Then could you try adding just applying 834ea02?

TIA,
Ludo’.