Subject: bug#18935: gexp->derivation test failure

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:44:51 -0500

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
[...]
>>   actual-error: (srfi-34 #<condition &nix-protocol-error [message:
>> "path
>> `/tmp/nix-build-guix-0.7.14e84b2.drv-0/source/test-tmp/store/ry17r3hm48ckcchz9ls6yhd00alyiipx-foo'
>> is not valid" status: 1] a587d68>)
>
> This can only happen if FILE in that test were deleted after its
> creation and before the ‘gexp-derivation’...  which cannot even happen
> since FILE remains live for the duration of the ‘%store’ session...
> except if another daemon instance deletes it!
>
> Commit 834ea02 fixes that: it turns out that tests/nar.scm was creating
> the exact same store item, and then calling the GC to delete it.
>
> I’ll update the Guix snapshot in Guix.

Thanks!

> (In the meantime, chances are
> that you can just restart the build and won’t stumble upon this bug,
> which was unlikely to occur.)

The same failure happened to me in two consecutive build attempts:
once when running "guix system build", and then again when running
"guix build -K guix" so that I could get the failed test logs.

       Mark