Subject: bug#18924: 25.0.50; visiting files in Bazaar workarea

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 22:44:57 -0400

Bernardo wrote:

> There is a *lightweight* Bazaar checkout in my workarea and at present
> there is no network connection to the Bazaar repository. If Emacs is
> started with
>   $ emacs -Q readme.txt
>
> it tries to connect to the remote server using Tramp

I can't reproduce this. I did:

bzr checkout --lightweight bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/drupal-el/trunk

(A nice, tiny repository.)

Then disconnected from the net. emacs -Q drupal.el works fine.

I have no idea why Tramp would try to get involved. Perhaps it is
something specific to your configuration.

> A workaround that was suggested is not to use Bazaar lightweight
> checkouts.

Irrespective of this issue, I would certainly recommend just forgetting
that lightweight checkouts exist; but YMMV of course.