Subject: 25.0.50; visiting files in Bazaar workarea

From: Bernardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 12:44:56 +1100

There is a *lightweight* Bazaar checkout in my workarea and at present
there is no network connection to the Bazaar repository. If Emacs is
started with
  $ emacs -Q readme.txt

it tries to connect to the remote server using Tramp, the echo area
shows:

 Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell

and after a ~1 minute timeout it stops trying, without loading the file.
The echo area shows:
  Process died

If the .bzr directory is renamed to something else, the file loads
normally.
A workaround that was suggested is not to use Bazaar lightweight
checkouts.

--
Rgds, Bernardo

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2014-11-01 on deb
Repository revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_AU.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 74932 5741)
 (symbols 24 18021 0)
 (miscs 20 38 158)
 (strings 16 11090 3904)
 (string-bytes 1 295195)
 (vectors 8 9349)
 (vector-slots 4 394141 3268)
 (floats 8 71 255)
 (intervals 28 244 146)
 (buffers 520 11)
 (heap 1024 37047 410))