Subject: Re: bug#18924: 25.0.50; visiting files in Bazaar workarea

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 15:59:34 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Stefan,

> See below a bug report related to Tramp.  AFAICT, you never replied in
> this discussion, so I'm not sure if it's on your radar or not.

No, this bug report is new to me. Due to limited time, I don't read all
bug reports. They get my attention if they have a buzzword in their
headline, like "tramp" or "remote".

Or if somebody points me to this :-)

I believe the OP gave already a proper analysis. Due to the way he has
handled his bazaar repository (copying from an MS Windows host to a
GNU/Linux host), he has wrong file names. In the backtrace, we see

>>   file-exists-p(#("/scp:H:/Bzr/Apple/Application/.bzr/branch/format" 1 4 (tramp-default t)))

Tramp has been involved due to the drive letter "H:", interpreting it as
host name.

After all, it looks like a pilot error. I would close it as notabug.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.