Subject: bug#18923: Alternative scrolling model

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:16:31 +0200

E Sabof <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've made a prototype for an alternative way to scroll. Essentially
> scrolling is done pixelwise irrespective of content. Whole lines are
> scrolled "normally", and the remainder is vscrolled. If the end result
> is close to a line boundary it gets "snapped" to it.
>
> This prevents unpleasant jumping when encountering an image. It
> doesn't handle the "image taller than window" case, but it would if
> `st-height' could measure more accurately.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Skimming this thread, I think the proposed things here were basically
implemented by Po Lu as `pixel-scroll-precision-mode' in Emacs 29, so
I'm therefore closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no