Subject: 2.0.11 REPL server listens on 127.0.0.1 but not "localhost"

From: [email-masked] ("Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer")
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:52:36 +0100

After starting 'guile --listen', I can connect to it via 127.0.0.1 but
not "localhost": "Ncat: Connection refused."  I don't know if
listening on "localhost" by default has any security implications?

Shell 1:

tub@taylan:~$ guile --listen
GNU Guile 2.0.11
Copyright (C) 1995-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)>

Shell 2:

tub@taylan:~$ ncat localhost 37146
Ncat: Connection refused.
tub@taylan:~$ ncat 127.0.0.1 37146
GNU Guile 2.0.11
Copyright (C) 1995-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)>

Taylan