Subject: bug#18912: 24.4; mode-line corruption on graphical frames in dual-headed display

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:44:21 -0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> So you are saying that this last line:
> 
>    33: (1) '  lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root          25 Out 30 22:17 initctl -> /run/systemd/init'
> 
> which appears in both the "good" and the "bad" dumps, is nevertheless
> displayed (overwrites the mode line) only in the "bad" configuration,
> and is not visible at all in the "good" one, is that right?

Yeah, that's right.

> So hereby you have your workaround already, for free: just make the
> frame one pixel lower.

That's not quite *my* workaround.  Furthermore, I don't need one because
it's hard to believe that we won't find the root cause of this bug,
right? ;-)

-- 
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;
 `-'(. .)`-'  GNU Linux-Libre is one of its official kernels;
     \_/      All software must be free as in freedom;