Subject: bug#18912: 24.4; mode-line corruption on graphical frames in dual-headed display

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:46:34 -0200

martin rudalics wrote

> A frame move should never resize the frame.  Apparently the size
> hints are working here.  Does it resize when you set
> `frame-resize-pixelwise' permanently to nil too?

In fact it was originally reported in that case, as Emacs was started
by 'emacs -Q', and by default 'frame-resize-pixelwise' is 'nil'.

> And all other sizes that are not an integral multiple of the default 
> character size, I presume.  But when you split a window via C-x 2
> and mouse-drag the mode line of the upper window by very small
> (pixel) increments do you see any corruption too?

Yes, I do, as described here [0].

> But you get the corruption only in a fullsized frame?

Nope, I presume I do in all frames whose height is not an integral
multiple of the default character size.

> Don't you have to make the frame fullsize here?

No, I don't.

> How does scrolling an upper window in a split frame work in this
> case?

It works the same: corrupted mode-line for the upper window.

Footnotes:

[0] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18912#149

-- 
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;
 `-'(. .)`-'  GNU Linux-Libre is one of its official kernels;
     \_/      All software must be free as in freedom;