Subject: Re: bug#18912: 24.4; mode-line corruption on graphical frames in dual-headed display

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:28:09 -0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> [ Told ya!  ;-)  ]

Yeah, but I don't remember getting this far investigating the problem
last time.  You do have impressive recollection capabilities, though.

> Of course, your graphics driver has probably changed over the course of
> those 5 years, so maybe the driver bug simply wasn't present earlier.

This bug torments me since the beginning of my usage of dual-headed setups.

> Could you please open a bug-report to the maintainers of your graphics
> driver and try to make sure it's fixed there?

I could do it, for sure!  However I have the feeling that in the end
they will blame Emacs, as nothing similar happens to any other
application, AFAIK.

> Of course it's possible.
> But it seems unlikely, since AFAIK the acceleration code only affects
> what/how the pixels are written but not how the X server talks to
> the application.

Maybe that glitch is only a side effect of Emacs presuming something it
shouldn't presume.  This is only speculation, but think about it.

-- 
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;
 `-'(. .)`-'  GNU Linux-Libre is one of its official kernels;
     \_/      All software must be free as in freedom;