Subject: bug#1891 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.60; whitespace-mode undefined in diff-mode menu)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:05:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1891: 23.0.60; whitespace-mode undefined in diff-mode menu

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1891: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1891
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.60; whitespace-mode undefined in diff-mode menu
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:59:21 -0500

> The variable whitespace-mode may be accessed on line 187 in
> diff-mode.el before whitespace.el is loaded. This makes the menus
> unusable.

I've checked in a fix, thanks.

Subject: 23.0.60; whitespace-mode undefined in diff-mode menu
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:41:31 +0100

The variable whitespace-mode may be accessed on line 187 in
diff-mode.el before whitespace.el is loaded. This makes the menus
unusable.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-01-04
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'