Subject: bug#18899: Incorrect date/time difference showing up in Article mode in Date header

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 06:41:06 +0530

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to GNU Emacs 25.0.50 (r118162), I'm noticing Gnus no
longer displays correct date/time difference in the Date header in the Article
mode. e.g. in email with following Date header:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:40:42 +0000 (5 hours, 50 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And current time being "30 Oct 2014 06:31 UTC+0530", it displays "5 hours, 50
minutes, 21 seconds" of time difference, when it should be ~21 minutes. It
seems like it's not normalizing the date/time anymore (to be in same timezone)
before calculating the time difference which explains it.

Thanks in advance for fixing it.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (amd64-portbld-freebsd9.3, GTK+ Version 3.8.8)
 of 2014-10-20 on chateau.d.if

-- 
Ashish SHUKLA
Systems Team | Automattic

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe
you” (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Sent from my Emacs