Subject: Bug with Gnu sort program in coreutils 8.4

From: Michael Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:58:23 -0400

Hi,

There might be a bug in the “sort” program in GNU coreutils 8.4, present at
least in CentOS 6 x86_64.  It’s not immediately obvious to me whether or
not this bug has been reported before.

Given the following:

CC = gcc

CC = aCC

CCFLAGS =

CC = cc

sort (GNU coreutils) 8.4 yields:

CC = aCC

CC = cc

CCFLAGS =

CC = gcc

… the 3rd line is out-of-order.  In comparison, sort (GNU coreutils) 8.14
in cygwin yields:

CC = aCC

CC = cc

CC = gcc

CCFLAGS =

… which is correct.