Subject: Re: bug#18890: 23.4; current-input-mode differs whether or not -t/-c switch was passed to emacsclient

From: Raphaël Droz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:50:39 -0300

I found that after emacsclient -a '' is run, there were 2 ways to
restore a correct dead keys behavior:

1)
M-: (set-input-meta-mode 8)

2)
M-: (set-terminal-parameter nil 'keyboard-coding-saved-meta-mode t)
followed by
M-: (set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)

But these does *not* have any effect when set inside my ~/.emacs
I initially though that because they were run too soon, or too late in
relation to loading mule.el
I was wrong in my previous email about the fact that adding
"(set-input-meta-mode 8)" to ~/.emacs solved the issue, it didn't.

After a deeper look it happens that (set-terminal-parameter) expect a
"terminal" argument.
It makes me think that the relation to emacsclient switches managing
terminal could be not so far.

By the way, still trying to localize the origin of the issue and finding
a viable ~/.emacs workaround.