Subject: bug#18870: \emsp and alignment in org clock report

From: Ben Finney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:40:40 +1100

I confirm this behaviour.

With a plain text terminal, a clock report shows like:

|-------------------+------------------------------+--------+------+------|
| willow-it.org     | *File time*                  | *5:25* |      |    
 |
|                   | Willow IT                    | 5:25   |      |    
 |
|                   | \emsp Administration         |        | 3:44 |    
 |
|                   | \emsp\emsp Induction         |        |      |
3:44 |
|                   | \emsp Training & development |        | 1:41 |    
 |
|                   | \emsp\emsp Odoo research     |        |      |
1:41 |
|-------------------+------------------------------+--------+------+------|

The "\emsp" should be space characters (of some kind; either U+0020 SPC
or U+2003 EM SPACE) with correct alignment for the character width.
Displaying literal "\emsp" is a regression and should not happen.

If having a U+2003 EM SPACE character is desirable, then instead of
LaTeX-specific markup (which is useless in the text buffer), that
character should appear directly in the data so it is useful for
display.

Thanks for working on Org Mode.

-- 
Ben Finney