Subject: bug#18870: \emsp and alignment in org clock report

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 01:02:05 +0100

Hello,

Ben Finney <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay. So if I'm reporting a regression in the text (non-GUI) Emacs
> behaviour of Org mode, I should make a separate report?

First, please update Org and test the new behaviour if you can.

> So the behaviour is masked by special behaviour of “entities”. Why is
> that special behaviour acceptable, but allowing export of U+2003 is
> not?

Because entities syntax is well defined, and uses easy-to-reach
characters. Asking users to insert EM SPACE as special markup doesn't
seem right for Org.

> On 22-Mar-2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
>> This should now be fixed. The markup used is more readable and
>> doesn't alter table alignment.
>
> Is that true for text-only terminals too?

Yes, it is.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou