Subject: bug#18832: 24.4; emacs crashed by eww on some webpages

From: Евгений Терешков<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:18:34 +0700

Dmitry Antipov writes:

> How do you configure and compile libxml2?  In particular, do you have
> --with-debug/--with-mem-debug/--with-run-debug options enabled?

Here is full configure string for my libxml2 build:
=8<=======================================================================
/configure --build=x86_64-alt-linux --host=x86_64-alt-linux --prefix=/usr
--exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
--datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--disable-dependency-tracking --without-included-gettext --with-python
--with-html-dir=/usr/share/doc --with-html-subdir=libxml2-2.9.0
--disable-static --disable-silent-rules
=8<=======================================================================

>  From your backtrace:
> ...
> #14 0x00000000005c3adf in imagemagick_load_image (f=0x2, img=0x7fff55375e30, contents=0x1d16168 \
>      "\211PNG\r\n\032\n", size=1384, filename=0x0) at ../../src/imagec:8206
> #15 0x00000000005c77f0 in lookup_image (f=f@entry=0x114e308, spec=spec@entry=29760774) at ../../src/image.c:1694
> ...
> 0x114e308 looks like a valid 'struct frame *' pointer, but 0x2 is definitely not.
> Usually this means a kind of heap or stack corruption.  It may be useful to compile
> Emacs with '-O0 -g3' and run *undumped* (temacs) under valgrind.

Unfortunatly, I dont have sufficient knowledge about debugging emacs and
using valgrind. However, I can run some step-by-step checks, if needed.

-- 
С уважением, Терешков Евгений.
Jabber ID: [email-masked], [email-masked]