Subject: Re: bug#18832: 24.4; emacs crashed by eww on some webpages

From: Евгений Терешков<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:48:01 +0700

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

>> Nope, this is ordinary builds. This messages are not specific to gtk+, as I
>> have seen it in nonx/gtk/gtk3/motif/athena builds (as you can see on
>> screenshots in my previous message). And yes, all those build are compiled
>> with libxml2.
>>
>> How can I check wherevers it is problem in my libxml2 build or emacs
>> itself?
>
> I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure those warnings are not from Emacs
> directly.  Do you have any environment variables set that would make
> libxml2 (or other libraries) output warning messages?

No, there is not such variables. But you are rigth, seems like emacs and
libxml2 works correctly (emacs uses HTML_PARSE_RECOVERY if present, see
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=600410) and I have to tune my
libxml2 to discard this messages.

Anyway, it is worth to find out how problems with xml parsing can crash
emacs (see my initial bug message and attaches). Unfortunatly, I cant
reproduce crash now (some packages on my system was upgraded since bug
reporting time).

-- 
С уважением, Терешков Евгений.
Jabber ID: [email-masked], [email-masked]